Welcome to Conversational Portuguese for Advanced Beginners.
Classes will meet twice a week for 4 weeks. Participants must be able to attend both Tuesday and Thursday classes each week. Limited to 20 participants. Please RSVP here:
The class on March 9 will take place at Linden Place. All other classes will be held at Rogers Free Library.
This course is for students who took part in Conversation Portuguese at RFL in Oct/Nov 2022 and learned biographical information AND/OR those who have a very basic understanding of the language. By the end of this course you will be able to communicate the following:
1) Discuss likes and dislikes and preferences
2) Describe their town, home and surroundings
3) Ask for and give information including directions, the time, and the prices of items
4) Students will be able to describe ailments and symptoms in regards to their health. This includes learning some body parts.
5) Students will learn how to invite someone to an event.
6) Students will learn how to give a congratulatory message and message of condolences.
Culture: Art-Domingos Rebelo, TIles, Manueline style Arquitecture
Culture: Music-Fado from Portugal, Samba from Brazil and Morna from Cape Verde.
Culture: The University of Coimbra and its Tunas. (part of the Music category.
(Subjects may change depending on the interests of the group)